Sunday, January 11, 2009

Heading South

To escape from the brutal north winter, we're headed south tomorrow -- to Pennsylvania! The weather forecast for the Keystone State isn't looking too balmy; they even have snow!

My daughter and I will be spending time at the Pennsylvania Farm Show. My favorite event is the sheep-to-shawl competition. My daughter likes the hand-cut French fries and maple sugar cotton candy, plus anything with horses.

I have an idea for a book, and although I won't be doing any specific research or photography for the book on this visit, I will be making contacts to place this project on the must-do list for next year, if possible.

We're also going to spend time with family and friends, and even stroll and eat at Roots Market in Lancaster.

So ... if you have a moment, stop back later this week and take a peek. You might see some Amish Country photos from the week.

No comments: