Friday, December 12, 2008

Keepsa Going!

This morning, one of my online students from Australia in my Writing for Children class shared that this was one of her mother's favorite sayings. Keepsa going! These are words I need to hang near my work area.

Sometimes, after a creative burst, I need time to regroup and recover. This has been one of those weeks. I'm part in pre-holiday mode, part in cleaning mode (procrastinating writers are very clean), and part in winter slump mode.

I hopped out of bed this morning wishing for some beautiful winter photo shots. I met disappointment. It was dull, gray, and washed out. As I write this, it is snowing heavily. If the sun peeks later this afternoon (as it has been promised), there might be some good shots to capture. Fingers crossed. Toes too.

But between then and now, I'm going to curl up with a new writer's manuscript. I enjoy coaching children's writers. Today I'm going to see through the eyes of a child how adults can sometimes act. Something tells me there's a lesson in there for all of us to learn.

Check back later! I hope to share a photo or two.

2 comments:

Judy Olson said...

Keepsa going! Good for me too.

Judy Olson said...

That sounds like Jar Jar Binks from "Star Wars".