Friday, November 7, 2008

Scrooged

On the road again ...

I'm headed back home to Hershey this weekend -- part business and part pleasure. My 15-year-old daughter will be traveling with me. It will be nice to have some car company.

First, the business. This weekend is the annual Founders Day celebration at Milton Hershey School. I will be on campus on Sunday for their special worship service and then again on Monday for the all-school assembly. I'm also being interviewed by an Elizabethtown College student (and editor of the school's publication) as part of her senior multi-media project. Her topic is Milton Hershey School's Centennial Celebration. I'll share more about that interview and project at a later date.

Sandwiched between these two school events is a little family fun. My extended family (the many layers of lasagna) meet regularly for dinner theater programs. This get-together is to see the musical version of A Christmas Carol at Dutch Apple Dinner Theater in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I'll be enjoying some Pennsylvania Dutch fare with ghosts of Christmas past.

So, a little chocolate, a little shoo fly pie, and many more miles on the Subaru Forester (148,000 and counting).

When I return, it's butt-in-chair time. So much work, so little time!

Have a nice weekend, everyone. I'll share my latest adventure with you on the other side.

Carol

No comments: