Friday, November 21, 2008

One Red Fox, Two Shooting Stars

As I was driving into my corner of the woods last night around 11 PM, I was blessed with three sightings that made my heart sing.

First, a red fox did a little shuffle dance in my headlights as I came up upon him on a back country road.

Then, as I made my way into a crisp Adirondack night clearing, I was blessed with not one shooting star but two. It seemed as the two stars fell from behind me to before me, showing me the way home.

I wish I had my camera with me this morning as I scooted my daughter into town for an activity. The open fields glistened with frosty ice as the morning's sun awoke the world from its night-time slumber.

Today is a cold winter-like day here in the north woods. I am working on a novel as I sit before a warm fire in my little cabin in the woods. My two writing assistants (Siamese kittens) are stretched before the fire. They have the right idea!

If I get enough done on my book today, my plans for tomorrow include an early morning photo shoot. Stay tuned. There may be a picture or two to share.

No comments: