Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Capturing Life in the Adirondacks

Sometimes, I wish I could capture time and never let it go. It feels as though time is slipping by me these days with many deadlines and obligations. Just this morning, I taught a workshop on time management. Can one truly manage one's time or does time manage us? Just how much control do we have over this fourth dimension, and why does it spin faster with each year we add to our lifespan?

I suppose that photography is the closest we can get to capturing the moment and suspending time. This week, as I selected ten photos to enter into Adirondack Life magazine's annual photo contest, I realized the number of blessings I've been afforded this year. Work is rewarding, family is loving and supportive, and natural beauty is plentiful.

These are a few of my entries for this year's competition. Thank you for allowing me to share a few moments of mountain time with you.

No comments: