Sunday, February 15, 2009

Majestic Beauty and a Little Bit of Fun

Spring-like sunshine pulled me out of the cabin with my camera in tow today.

First, the beauty. Another bald eagle, this one near Arietta (NY). This is my tenth year to live in the Adirondacks but only my first year to spot eagles! Every time I see one, I am delighted with surprise.





I laughed when I saw this "houseboat." It is perched upon a mountaintop, anxiously awaiting the spring thaw.

Finally, I ventured over to Salisbury Center and the covered bridge. No good bridge or water shots to share, but the sign there always makes me smile! And the water is starting to flow. It's one of my favorite photo spots in the spring and summer.

I'm starting to feel springy! Fingers crossed it arrives soon.

3 comments:

Judy Olson said...

The "houseboat" is interesting! You've got the eagle eye.

Carol Parenzan Smalley said...

Have you ever been to Salisbury Center? In the spring, the water is amazing. From tiny trickles to gushing waterfalls.

I think the eagle eye is watching me and not the other way around!

Judy Olson said...

We saw an eagle on the way home from grocery shopping today, right on the Hope Falls Road.

Yes it's pretty up Salisbury Center way.