Friday, February 27, 2009

Be Creative with a Local Author!

To honor this year's theme -- Be Creative @ Your Library -- for the state's summer reading program, I am announcing my program offerings for 2009.

This year's programs are:

Celebrate an important New York State milestone and make 3-D maps in “Navigating with Explorer Henry Hudson.”

Make your own journal and capture your life’s events just like explorers Lewis and Clark in “Journal with Lewis and Clark.”

Ride your 100-foot wave with extreme surfer Garrett McNamara and an extreme children’s writer in “Extreme Writing.”

Bring attention to animals and plants by writing creative stories and poetry in “Hoo Cares?

Create your own rebus stories using American Sign Language in “Sign It with Rebus” (a wonderful parent-child program).

Each program includes a signed copy of one of my books.

To learn more, please visit my School and Library Programs page.

I hope to take many adventures this summer with my young readers and listeners.

No comments: