Thursday, July 8, 2010

Schools of Fish in Schoharie!

What is better than happy readers on a hot summer day? Happy readers enjoying ice cream and strawberries following a wonderful library workshop! Thanks, Schoharie Free Library, for treating Kyna (my college intern helper this summer) and me like strawberries-and-cream royalty. We had a great time.

This group created beautiful gyotaku, or Japanese fish prints.


















They also wrote some wonderful water haiku.

I saw some frogs jump
I could see them eating bugs
It was cool watching

- Zebulun, age 9

Hear the water sing.
What does it tell you tonight?
What does it tell you?

- Niamh, age 11

If you don't see your fish print here, blame Andy, the library cat. He was fishing for a good story. (Actually, blame me. I tried to photograph them all, but I may have missed a few fish. Sorry.)

Have a splish-splashy good summer!

1 comment:

Judy Olson said...

Love the fish!! All wonderful!