Thursday, July 29, 2010

Phish in Philmont!

No, not phish, but fish, and lots of them!

Last Thursday took us down into the Hudson Valley where we stopped first in Philmont, just off the Taconic Parkway, at the Philmont Public Library.

This is a repeat visit for me, as I spent time with this wonderful group of young readers last summer making 3-D salt dough maps of the river.

Because my camera was still in the Finger Lakes, I don't have any photos of the day's event to share with you. (Karen, please share a few shots if you can!)

I do have some creative water haikus, however, to share:

Water goes "splish splash"
When I go underwater
Do you love water?

- Elizabeth, age 9

Clean liquid speed is
Tumbling over small pebbles
And the biggest rocks.

- Ruby, age 11

Waves crashing slowly
Tide is flowing out to sea
Where dolphins jumping.

- Anneka, age 12

Water splashing high
Splish splash splish splash I hear it
Crashes to the ground.

- Jenna, age 9

Water is freezing
Water is healthy for you
Refreshing and cold.

- Emily, age 10

Water falls quickly
Water falls down from above
Storms cause trees to fall.

- Conner, age 9

Thanks for inviting us to your wonderful new facility. Happy Summer!

No comments: