Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin ...

Rinse out those bikinis, Beach Bums. (This request does not apply to men who think they should wear bikini-type suits on the beach.)

The lake officially opens in 70 days!

Last one in above the ankles buys the first beverage of the summer, or some ice cream! (I'll take a Moosetracks, please. I know. I know. I'm dreaming. Like they're going to have the "Break" stocked on that first hot, summer day!)

Just to get your hopes up a little ... just a smidgen ... there is open water on West Caroga Lake!

Tick, tick, tick. (That's a clock. Not those nasty insect critters! Those go buzz, buzz, buzz! Unless Dale's around, of course, then it's a sound SMACK!)

2 comments:

Judy Olson said...

I was wondering where you went yesterday! I never would have guessed you went to the beach! Lots of snow up there in Pine Lake. I am going to try to get out today and shoot, not sure where. Probably south of me, I want to look at something besides snow.

Carol Parenzan Smalley said...

I headed south first, to walk along the canal, but the towpath was ice and snowpacked from the snowmobiles and dangerous.

So, I took a drive, and that's where I ended!