Friday, March 20, 2009

Images of Springtime

I wandered along the historic Erie Canal at Schoharie Crossing today in search of signs of spring. Here are a few of the images I was able to capture. I'm not sure Judy will ever "stroll" with me again! (How are the piggies, Judy?) Enjoy!

Bonded cattails ...










A reflective goose ...






Prickly pineapples ...










Dispersing seeds ...










And twisting vines.










What was missing? Snow. No snow! (At least down in the river valley.)

Tomorrow, my adventures take me to the Taconics. Check back to see what's springing forth downstate!

2 comments:

Judy Olson said...

A six mile hike is a stroll to you Wonder Woman?! It actually might have been more than 6 miles. My feet are fine, but I do admit to being absolutely beat, which means I will sleep very well tonight, thank you!
Nice pics!

Carol Parenzan Smalley said...

Do you think we hiked that far? I loved being out and about. Spring is in the air! Off to see what you posted next.