Sunday, September 14, 2008

Congratulations, Jessica!

I returned from Hershey with a buffet of good news!

First, former "Writing for Children" (http://www.ed2go.com) student, Jessica Kennedy, aka The Differently-Abled Writer, received her first book contract for a picture book.

You can learn more about Jessica here:

http://www.jessica-kennedy.com/index.html

I guarantee she will inspire you.

Thanks for sharing your good news with us, Jessica. Remember to send me a signed copy of your book when it's hot off the press. I'm saving a spot on my shelf for you.

Other good news? We were able to save everything on the computer. Yee-haw! A back-up hard drive is on order. I lucked out on that one.

And, my trip to Hershey was exceptionally fruitful. Many thanks to the fine folks at the Hummelstown Area Historical Society, The (Hummelstown) Sun, the Milton Hershey School History Department at Kinderhaus, and Myron and Phil for too many laughs as you traveled down Memory Lane at Moldavia (their old student home). I'm having too much fun with these book projects.

On Saturday, my husband and I traveled to historic Sharon Springs for the annual garlic fest. We bought way too much garlic! I guess we're good to go for vampire season this Halloween. For those of you not familiar with Sharon Springs, it is a Jewish healing springs resort town in upstate New York rich in health and history. Work is underway to restore the town to its former destination point.

I hope everyone has a productive week.

Till the next update,
Carol

1 comment:

J. Aday Kennedy said...

Thanks Carol. It was your class and all the reading you had us do, that taught me the picture book market. Everyone has always said I'm a big kid. It's actually paying off. LOL
Blessings,
Jessica Kennedy
The Differently-Abled Writer
http://www.jessicakennedy71.blogspot.com/