Sunday, November 21, 2010

Caroga/Canada/Pine Lake Teasing Tidbit No. 39

With my manuscript due to the publisher in just two weeks, I'm quickly scanning the last of my collected photos and memorabilia. While most folks will be stuffing themselves with turkey and shopping for Black Friday specials this week, I will be laying out a book, writing captions, and putting the final touches to Around Caroga Lake, Canada Lake, and Pine Lake for Arcadia Publishing. We are on track for a June 2011 release, and this project has been one of my favorites, as I have met some wonderful people and heard remarkable stories.

How well do you know the lake area? Print out the teasing tidbits from this blog and take them with you to your family's Thanksgiving celebration. They'll be good conversation sparkers.

Here's the latest tidbit:

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) biologists are collecting the skat of what species of animal that has been observed in the Caroga area? And, why are they collecting it?

[A photo of one is planned for the book -- with the answer too!]

No comments: