Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Preserving a Piece of History


Arcadia Publishing awarded me a contract to create a pictorial history book called Around Caroga Lake, Canada Lake, and Pine Lake for the company’s “Images of America” series.

I am currently looking for photographs and stories from local residents.

To learn more about this book, due for release in June 2011, I am hosting an information session on

Thursday, September 2, at 6:30 PM

at the Glenn H. Harris Memorial Park pavilion, across from the Caroga Town Hall.

If you are unable to attend the session but have information to share, please contact me at 518-332-0891 or Carol@CarolSmalley.com.

Arcadia Publishing’s “Images of America” series includes books about Johnstown, Gloversville, Amsterdam, and other area towns and attractions. This will be one in a series of over 5,000 pictorial history books!

With a tight deadline, I will be scrambling! It should be a fun way to end the summer lake season and welcome fall and winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just adore this series.