Friday, January 8, 2010

Splashing Into Summer!

This summer, I will be presenting a workshop at libraries throughout New York State called "SPLASH! into New York State Water Science" as part of the nation-wide summer reading program.

I'm excited about this program. It's not often that a certified water nut (that's me!) gets to share her water passion with young readers.

This summer's program will include an auditory rain-making activity, music exploration with frogs and other water critters, liquid haiku, and Gyotaku (Japanese fish printing using a trout replica).

Want to know more? Please contact me through my web site.

Think sunshine and summer!

2 comments:

Judy Olson said...

I love fish prints! This sounds wonderful for the kids and for you!

Carol Parenzan Smalley said...

I can't wait! It's going to be a great summer.