Sunday, May 24, 2009

Conversations along the Canal

Today's journey took me along the historic Erie Canal, where I chatted with an adventurer who had been on the water for ten months and was headed home to Ohio. We talked while he was in Lock 16, awaiting the water's rise to take him to the next elevation.




I also chatted with his co-pilot! (He reminds me of the television and book character Wishbone!)



Summer has officially begun here in upstate New York. It's nice to see the boats moving through the canal and locks and everyone welcoming the warm weather with a smile. While awaiting a group of sailboats, I talked to the lock operator about the American Canadian Caribbean cruise line that comes through these locks cruising from the Hudson River to the Great Lakes. I've been invited to sail with them as a cruise-line enrichment speaker. I need more hours in my day and more days in my week!

1 comment:

Judy Olson said...

I was hoping for some photos of your excursion! Must have been lovely on the water today.